Saturday 21 April 2012

16 year old twins defraud US investors out of millions.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-twins-charged-stock-fraud-020121337.html

Am I the only one who finds this mildly amusing?...............
A pair of 16 year old lads, twins in fact,  from Newcastle on Tyne, set up an online scam and defrauded American investors, including stock promoters, of an estimated 1.2 million U S dollars, plus at least an additional 1.86 million US dollars in fees from stock promoters, for their stock touting services.
I don’t know where these lads went to school, but where ever it was a whole lot of learning obviously took place. I mean, I can’t help thinking that those who deal and stocks etc, are pretty dumb, or the whole system is total crap, or the lads are pure genius.

5 comments:

  1. The whole systems speaks of dishonesty and money grubbing. It's a learned thing! The stock market peeps should be hailing these twins as genius and leaders in the field. lol
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amusing. And it they are only remarkable because they got caught. Unless I read the article wrong, they served no jail time, nor will they. They took advantage of people's greed and more or less won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously doubt they learned any of this at school, so I'm guessing your your last sentence is probably a good explanation for how something like this can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. yep, I thought so.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its hilarious, I commented on this story myself when it appeared on Yahoo News

    ReplyDelete