Friday 18 February 2011

Weekend Music; The Allman Brothers Band

''The Allman Brothers Band is an American rock band once based in Macon, Georgia. The band was formed in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1969 by brothers Duane Allman (slide guitar and lead guitar) and Gregg Allman (vocals, organ, songwriting), who were supported by Dickey Betts (lead guitar, vocals, songwriting), Berry Oakley (bass guitar), Butch Trucks (drums), and Jai Johanny "Jaimoe" Johanson (drums) While the band has been called the principal architects of Southern rock, they also incorporate elements of blues, jazz, and country music, and their live shows have jam band-style improvisation and instrumental songs.''

Thats what wikipedia has to say about them...........personally, I just think they are great, totally laid back chilled out music.

more of the above here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Allman_Brothers_Band

Jessica, followed by Melissa;

The Allman Brothers Band

4 comments:

  1. I remember always enjoying 'Ramblin' Man' when it came on the radio. It was feel good music, not much heard on radio retro plays these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the years I've been watching Top Gear and I never knew the theme music was an adaptation of 'Jessica'. I really like this original full version :-)) Although I've heard their name plenty of times, I've never really ever listened to their music. I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats strange, my experience is the reverse, when I first heard Jessica being used by Top Gear I was not pleased, I really liked the music and to me using it as a theme for a car programme was almost like sacrilege. Fraid I'm not much of a fan of cars and even less of Jeremy Clarkson fan, but I am a fan of the Allman Brothers.

    ReplyDelete