Thursday 1 September 2011

The fields at this time of year.




These are the fields around my daughters house. I love these colours but at this time of year the fields change on a daily basis. Go away for a few days and when you come back its all different. The first few pictures are either just before or just after the harvest. Then there are a couple of pictures of stubble burning. I'm pretty sure that's an illegal practice now but the farmers have done it around here through out history and I can't see them stopping any time soon. The couple of pictures in the middle with a shadowy frame and rerflections are taken from inside the bus shelter looking out of the perspex windows onto the fields. The last few photos with the bales were taken earlier this evening, the hay had been bailed some time during the day. Next time I visit I expect I'll see brown fields not golden ones. Things change very quickly this time of year.

35 comments:

  1. is this a double exposure?

    cool ghostly photo

    :

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so great, I have to just sum up my commenting to this...wonderful landscapes and wonderful photography:) And your pastels are quite good...thank you for sharing them here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. opps...............sorry folks I thought I had posted as a draft untill I finished...............its finished now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That golden color is absolutely mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm impressed

    your best to date

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thanks Nemo............praise indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and the dog is my daughters old English bull dog called Maggie.............she sleeps a lot which makes her easy to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent, so soft and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the way the shelter shows through the image. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Loretta, Multiply keeps eating my comments. I have been having problems with them all day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its ok Frank.............it wouldn't let me load any thing yesterday...........maybe you just need to try again tomorow, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love them all, Loretta. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These illustrate picturesque perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite lovely. Interesting how similar it is to where I live and half a world away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful . I wish I could draw like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That field looks like it's glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colours of the fields at this time really are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the ghostly reflection effect

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen this in other countries, but it still always strikes me as a typically very British scene.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One ray of light.....like a spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great rendering, very good use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This reminds me of when I used to live on the outback's edge, many years ago now. Everything would be sunlight, but looming in the sky would be these indigo clouds. Then would come a quick deluge.

    ReplyDelete