Friday 4 November 2011

Song Saturday; Ian Anderson + Lucia Micarelli

My ten year old granddaughter has been playing the violin for about 3 years now. I happened to be visiting while she practiced and it set me thinking. I realized I didn’t know an awful lot about violin music………….well look what I found, a young classically trained violinist playing alongside Ian Anderson…………….wow, what a treat.

Lucia Micarelli & Jethro Tull - Kashmir Cover



Ian Anderson + Lucia Micarelli - Mo'z Art Medley


6 comments:

  1. I once read that violinists develop more brain territory for fingers on the left hand than other people do even other musicians (which is different) and than they can be more creative using their left hand fingers. We also know what a person learns or does not learn during childhood can affect his future abilities often. Brain-imaging technology enable scientists to study brain development in greater detail than ever before, those who are very talented in some form of creative art and the violin was one of the studies- images show a more rapid movement in their brain.
    The development of “nature,” that is, what the person has inherited, and “nurture,” the rearing and training it has received to use makes a big difference often in their future. Best wishes to her development there. Violinists seem to have a good edge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and I was beginning to think that Joshua Bell was at the top of 'the greatest list' all by himself. She is so good and I just love the Mo'z Art Medley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so glad you agree, I have never come across he before, what a pleasant surprise she is, and to work with Ian Anderson, thats the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a very talented musician. I loved both of these. And of course being a long-time fan of JT, it was great to see her duetting with Ian Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool that your granddaughter is playing

    loved the videos

    :)

    ReplyDelete