Monday 16 March 2009

Time for a New Kitchen no 6

TIME FOR A NEW KITCHEN NO 6

Finally; the joiner came to see me tonight and gave me a start date of this Wednesday. The delay is not his fault, some of the pieces were not in the first delivery and I have had to wait for a second delivery. I grew very weary of the constant smell of paint and the unending mess all over my house and for the last week or so I have been ignoring the kitchen and doing other things, including spending a bit more time here. The only kitchen orientated activities I’ve indulged in recently are buying some of the ‘finishing touches’. I’ve bought a length of waterproof wipe clean table cloth to cover my table.

I wasn’t sure I liked the ‘mad cow’ pattern when I bought it but once home and laid out with all the other stuff I decided it was exactly right. I also came across these three little prints, very retro and very cheap from a discount store.

My daughter works for a window blind manufacturing company and chose these blinds for my kitchen, she gets a staff discount so more savings!

The black storage boxes that will sit on top of the units are computer paper boxes brought home from work and covered in black sticky back plastic, can’t help my self I just love to recycle where ever possible.

It looks as if my kitchen is another stop closer. I’m going to be busy making sure all the paint work is finished off properly and as soon as the joiner has finished doing his bit I shall start the wallpapering.

Like I said………………it may be slow but it’s getting there.

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished kitchen. These things always take longer than one thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are progressing wonderfully. At least the joiner came. That would be a problem here. lol Everything looks just fine. I cannot wait for the end result. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it will be a very retro looking kitchen, when it is finished. Nice!
    I can hardly wait to see you post the finished photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKING GOOD LORETTA

    soon we can have a house warming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't thought of that but what a wonderful idea thanks Heidi we certainly wil have house warming, or kitchenn christening maybe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be lovely. It is a pleasure to have a well-finished area especially one that is used all the time like the kitchen. I particularly appreciate nice, well-functioning, for the everyday chores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to steal your idea about the boxes. I always need extra storage. One of my sisters is cow mad so she would love that tablecloth. Me, I'm a bit of a chicken collector. I can't wait to see the finished results either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving right along there, I'm seeing progress. It always takes longer that estimated. I am excited for you, it's great to know that you are nearing completion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tiles look great. I like storage, probably because I hardly have any in my little flat. So covered and decorative boxes are good. I have quite a few of them with all sorts of junk in them. Whenever I move and get a decent storage cupboard I'm going to have all these boxes labelled. It's a good idea to cover the plain boxes in contact, the adhesive plastic makes them stronger too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BLIND COMPANY REVIEWS:
    Blinds, Window Blinds, Window Shades up to 87% off MSRP!
    You have a room that is both practical and comfortable and affords good light,
    yet you want to be able to control different levels of privacy and shade,
    whilst adding sophistication to your window.
    http://www.blindcompanyreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete