Wednesday 31 March 2010

Poetry wednesday; If I were a bear..........

I am so cold, it shouldn't be this cold, wet or windy in April........................

If I were a bear,
And a big bear too,
I shouldn't much care
If it froze or snew;
I shouldn't much mind
If it snowed or friz--
I'd be all fur-lined
With a coat like his!

For i'd have fur boots and a brown fur wrap,
And brown fur knickers and a big fur cap.
I'd have a fur muffle-ruff to cover my jaws.


And brown fur mittens on my big brown paws.
With a big brown furry-down up to my head,
I'd sleep all the winter in a big fur bed.


7 comments:

  1. Beary cold wind blowing here too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a bear,
    I'd still be dozing
    in my cave ...

    Oh to be a bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like we just went through that blustery weather. Fortunately we have a break and have some warm and sunny days. No doubt that will be heading across the Atlantic and you should be seeing it soon. The only appropriate Milne quotation that comes to mind to express that is -

    "On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
    and I have nothing else to do,
    I sometimes wonder if it is true
    That who is what and what is who."
    And I often wonder...
    How are you?
    'Pooh' ~ A.A. Milne

    Wishing you blue skies very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute, thank you Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you

    thank you very much

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you can't 'bear' all that snowy weather, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree though I know it must be warmer here. Well, some parts are having good weather.

    ReplyDelete