Saturday 12 May 2012

Song Saturday; Tom Petty

Found myself watching a music thing about Tom Petty last night. Had forgotten his first band was called ‘Mudcrutch’, he said the name sounded dirty and horrible, something people would remember, (and I managed to forget).  The bit of info under the first video says ‘’ "The only Mudcrutch record released from a year of frustrating studio work was this single, probably named from a road in Gainesville.’’ Mudcrutch' is a weird name but I always thought Tom Petty made nice, happy music.
Its been raining non stop for two days and I’ve been hoping and hoping it would stop by the weekend because I’ve garden work to do. Well, it’s stopped, today the sun shines and the sky is blue……….but somehow, something called ‘Mudcrutch’ seems rather appropriate for a day in my garden.

The picture is Tom Petty by ~squallleonhart on Deviantart

http://squallleonhart.deviantart.com/art/Tom-Petty-116348249



5 comments:

  1. I had intended to watch that documentry about Tom Petty myself, but was so tired after work I dozed off and missed most of it. I'm sure they will repeat it soon, the BBC usually does!! I've always really liked his music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mitch, fraid I didn't manage to see all of it either.............like you I fell asleep, but what I did see was quite interesting. I never really knew their story so for me it was good TV. Lets hope that next time its on a bit earlier or I know in advance and can record it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the documentary is on BBC, we should be seeing it soon on BBC America. I first heard of Tom Petty in the late 1970's as Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and enjoyed their music. I became a big fan when I heard him with the Traveling Wilburys. Until I read about him, I wasn't aware of the Epics or Mudcrutch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. news to me

    i like both songs

    tom has a unique voice

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah it's news to me too. i do like Tom Petty though. :-)

    ReplyDelete