Tuesday 22 July 2008

Clouds at the end of the day, 22.07.08




Yeasterday I did something I haven't done for years, I burn my shoulders and back in the sun. I spend the day on the beach with the grandchildren and after that in the garden for a BBQ. For the whole of yesterday there were cooling sea breezes and I had no idea how hot the sun was. Consiquently, today I didn't want to go out in the sun. I waited untill the heat of the sun had gone and then took my walk after tea. I am so glad I did, I was treated to a wonderful display in the sky. The clouds swirled around, changing colours and forming great dark shapes and yellow streaks in the sky

19 comments:

  1. magnificent! what a way to end the day......

    ReplyDelete
  2. you captured some wonderful pictures-thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your sunburn :-(( That hurts me even to think about it. Hope you heal quickly.
    You had a lovely display of clouds and your photos show them in all of their beauty. You do have the "eye" for taking lovely photos...... Thank YOU for sharing. ..... take care......

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these are wonderful pictures loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern of the rays in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often see animals in clouds. Here I see a little whale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, I added this one for you, I took it a week or so ago because I thought it looked like a dog in the sky. I thought a dog in the sky was a good omen, turned out I was right because it was a very good day that day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, how very lovely! ain't nature grand? *sigh* ; D

    ReplyDelete
  10. nature sure is grand................just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photographs. When I first opened this, I thought that I was looking at paintings. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. funny you should say that Frank, I was considering seeing if I could copy one or two of these as paintings or drawings of some sort. Great subject matter. Glad you like them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of them remind me of paintings that I've seen so maybe you could.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my favorites of this series. I love the contrasts in the picture and the beauty of the blue sky beyond the clouds.... Nicely captured. Perhaps a subject for painting....??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another of my favorites.... Light streaming from the heavens.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. It appears to be a greyhound on full gallop......

    ReplyDelete