Thursday 7 August 2008

From Seaton Cliffs to Auchmithie


Sign at the beginig of the nature trail

This is a walk I took across the top of Seaton Cliffs from Arbroath to the cliff top village of Auchmithie which lies about 5 miles north of Arbroath. The walk starts at the path across the top of Victoria Park, goes along the Seaton Cliffs (a site of SSSI) which is managed by Scottish Wildlife Trust, on to Dickmont's Den, past the Deil's Heid, to 'the flairs' where an earth mound can be seen which is the remains of a prehistoric defensive fort and then on to seaton Den. Once through the Den you pick up a smaller narrow cliff top path that takes you all the way to the cliff top village of Auchmithie. The whole walk is filled with views across the red sandstone cliffs with stacks and bays looking out to the north sea. There are many types of wild flowers and plants growing there and it is a sea bird nesting place. In all it is about 5 miles.

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow loretta what a sight wonderful wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was there so people would stop and look and wonder - and they would see the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only got part of the way - will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running out of superlatives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very hard to get dolphins. You got enough of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got to be using a fast shutter speed. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely focused, my zooms are often blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I knew what these were.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We call these Vipers Bugloss. What a name, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just checked the date and remembered that this was summer 08 not summer 09...............I still had my good cannon camera back then, makes me realise how precious a good camera is, glad you enjoyed the tour Bennet. I think it's still in my flickr account and you can see it a s a slide show there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh then if it was the summer of 08, it was when my MIL was so ill. I could have used it then.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous set of pics!

    ReplyDelete