Monday 20 April 2009

New Computer Up and Running.

At last...........here I sit, finally, in my own home and on my own computer. I resorted to buying a new (reconditioned) computer from eBay and it was delivered today. I managed to keep the old keyboard and monitor etc which kept the cost down quite a but so guess it could have been worse. The good news is....the new computer seems good, so far its fast and does exactly what I ask it to do first time and without bother. Just hope it continues to behave as perfectly as it does now. I've spent the evening feeding it software and installing printer, scanner burner and other assorted bits and pieces. And now.............well.............time to start catching up with things.

The holiday was great, so nice to get away for a while and catch up with my sisters who I don't see very often.

They live about 600 miles south of here and for me................that's too far to visit very often.

I took my daughter and her daughter and we managed to spend some time with my sisters granddaughters ( 2 year old twins). I last saw them as tiny babies and now they are toddlers who are lots of fun but into every thing.

The day they visited they found some old hats and had a wonderful time with them.

My sisters daughter is a very grown up young lady of 17 and my granddaughter followed her around, there seemed to be some hero worship going on, nails painted, hair tonged, cakes baked together..........she had a great time (I think they both did).

 
There was the day at the park that I've already mentioned. It was a fantastic day and left me with a growing urge to keep chickens.

Not sure why but I really like the idea of fresh free range eggs and feeding the chocks every morning.

Sure there must be more to it than that but it is an appealing idea and i'm sure that even with my tiny garden there should be enough space for just a couple of chocks.


The first thing I noticed about my garden was the forget-me-nots had flowered while I was away. I just love those forget-me-nots !!

My neighbours must be wondering why I have a bath, basin and toilet in my garden, they are not new but they are very good quality and in great condition and my daughters decided they would look so much better in my bathroom than my old (but perfectly serviceable) 1970's green bathroom set. They did the lifting and delivery and they plan on doing all the plumbing  for me so guess it will be ok and I should be grateful. I don't mind the green, I think in ten years time people are going to be putting them back in to houses and calling it 'retro'

Anyway.........I've been thinking about this and decided the green bath, once it's out of my bathroom, will make a perfect wild life pond with frogs and toads and dragonflies and water plants. Now I am really looking forward to getting a wild life pond in my garden and it certainly makes to upheaval of having a bathroom plumbed all worth while. Not exactly what my daughters had in mind, they were looking forward to taking the old bath etc to the tip.

I am hoping they put off the plumbing until the kitchen is totally finished. The kitchen seems to have been on going for months but it is almost there, just have to get they guy back to do the work tops on the other side of the kitchen and put up my shelf unit. That's all pretty straight forward compared to what I've already had done and it should all be sorted very soon.

And now it's getting late and I'll have to drag my self away from my new computer and head toward bed...........work again tomorrow, its just so so wonderful to be able to sit here and in my own house on my own computer........utter bliss.
Night all..........will be doing my best to catch up with every one very soon.


13 comments:

  1. The twins are utterly adorable as is your granddaughter. I am thrilled for you on your new computer!! Now about those chickens - will they need a rooster? I mean do they lay eggs if there is no rooster? And don't they leave, um, debris about? Is a chock a coop? I would love to keep ducks but the foxes would get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture of the peacock. Perhaps you can use it for Picture Perfect sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear the contentment in your words.... nothing like the peace and quiet of your own space after such a wonderful visit..... the pictures of all the girls are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the return to some normalcy, what a good feeling that must be. Good to see you!! The computer sounds like a good find. I just finished getting all my updates from my security programs and about 15 Windows updates from Microsoft, that is a good feeling too.

    If you are going to do a pond, how about a few ducks too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, we used to have blue bathroom toilet, sink and bathtub. By the 1990's they looked very out dated.
    Good luck with your green toilet garden containers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh loretta so happy for you and your new computer have a good sleep my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you back on your own computer too! I know some people who wouldn't agree about those chickens because they do eat everything unless you have your garden miles away. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of good news here.

    I believe one can easily keep a couple of chickens in what is known as a chicken tractor and move them around the yard--the rest of the garden is thus protected. You cannot buy eggs like those laid by home-fed chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pics, Loretta. Thanks for sharing them. I'm so glad you have a puter again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoyed reading about your "doings" , loved the photos, and congrats on your new computer. When we moved here to Missouri there was a pink commode and sink. I told Larry I wanted to put it in my garden-he thought I was crazy so trashed it on me-lol would love to see how you set yours up-enjoy your day Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a good thing you can get eggs without a rooster, you get the benefit of the eggs without the noise of the rooster. That is a beautiful pair of Royal Palm Turkeys with the chickens. Glad you got your own 'puter. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything's really happening at your place, and you get time to visit your rellies as well. No doubt about you, you're right into recycling with ideas for even the kitchen sink (I mean the bathroom sink/bathtub..hehe)
    The tot with the brown hat on, it's a gorgeous pic. They are all good photos.

    It's good about the new computer. It's hard to live without one when there's so much to do with one.

    ReplyDelete