Saturday 7 November 2009

Art Sunday; The Glasgow Girls (because Lina said she really liked this one)

When I first discovered  ''Art Sunday'' I tended to stick to what I knew, which is Scottish Art. I remember Lina telling me she really liked these posts because Scottish Art is still relitivly unknown outside  Scotland. Her knowledge and understanding of ''The Arts'' far suppassed any thing I could ever  aspire too but still she took a genuine interest in what ever we posted. This particular post was one she contacted me about, I emailed her the original piece of work it was taken from and she wrote thanking me. And so..............because I know she liked it... I'm just re-posting the links to the original, the blog and the album, both exactly as they were when she read them in july last year. I was going to 're-hash' it a bit but then decided not to, this one is for Lina and this is how she liked it. 

Where ever you are Lina this one is for you because I know you liked it.

 

http://forgetmenot525.multiply.com/journal/item/60/Art_Sunday_The_Glasgow_Girls

 

http://forgetmenot525.multiply.com/photos/album/68/Art_Sunday_The_Glasgow_Girls



11 comments:

  1. beautiful art.....

    and beautiful Lina.... <--- how much she is missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning...thank you for sharing again.

    Missing our "wicked witch..." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful, glad you re-posted.I hope Lina can see it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you when you originally posted those blogs, so this was the first time I'd seen them. Very interesting. I particularly liked the examples of work by Frances MacDonald and Hannah Walton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The middle picture is enchanting. The effect of dappled light on the girl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the softness in color and texture. The bottom one is especially lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember these and hope Lina can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loretta these are beautiful works, I really love the top one, what is that. I see Lina's taste for sure. It is so nice how we are all remembering how she influenced us. Your post is great and your thoughts of her are special> I am so glad that Nemo did this.
    I do love the last one the lass is so very Scottish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your choices, beautiful post

    ReplyDelete