Sunday 1 November 2009

The Art of Dance

Found these, thought they are pretty dam amazing and decided I would share.
The first one is ;

Chinese blind and deaf artists are seizing a chance in a lifetime to shine at the Paralympics with a fascinating show called "My Dream". One of the highlights features deaf dancers synchronizing movements to look like the thousand-armed Buddha of Compassion.
The second one is a famous deaf Chinese  dancer with a dance called  
‘’The spirit of the peacock’’ Personally I think this is more 'birdlike' than swan lake.
The  last one is The Moon Dance, I just love the shapes the dancer makes in this one.

 

8 comments:

  1. Such fluid movements. And to think all done without the benefit of hearing the music they're interpreting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Loretta. I remember seeing the first video. They're incredible I know, but for some reason I can't see any of them. Maybe the problems You Tube had yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the first one before but was unaware the dancers are deaf even more amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful just facinating thanks loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting these Loretta, just wonderful. I've shared them with my daughter who is a teacher at a school for the deaf. I have a feeling that the videos will be passed around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked them.............I forgot to mention that the women dressed in white and standing either side of the stage in the first video are in fact the teachers. These women are all the deaf dancers have to follow as they don't hear the music..............I think they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do know that they can feel/sense the vibrations/beat and pick up a rhythm from that. It depends on the room or stage. I've seen some of the children dance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd seen and read about the first one before, absolutely incredible. The other two were good, too.

    ReplyDelete