Saturday 6 February 2010

Song Saturday; Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

A while ago I became quite addicted to Bollywood………..I love it, the colour, the music, the dance, I love every thing about it. It reminds me of the Busby Berkeley Musicals from long ago.
(Busby Berkeley November 29, 1895 – March 14, 1976, born William Berkeley Enos in Los Angeles, California, was a highly influential Hollywood movie director and musical choreographer. Berkeley was famous for his elaborate musical production numbers that often involved complex geometric patterns. Berkeley's works used large numbers of showgirls and props as fantasy elements in kaleidoscopic on-screen performances)

 This particular film stuck in my mind, of all the Bollywood movies I've seen, this is  defiantly one of my favourites.

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Translation: ‘’Sometimes Happiness, Sometimes Sadness’’ is a Bollywood film released in India on 14 December 2001.It features Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukerji in a guest appearance. It is director Karan Johar's second movie (after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai).
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham was the highest grossing Indian film overseas till 2006, when its record was broken by Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. It climbed up to 3rd place in the British box office within two weeks of release, and maintained its place for over 3 weeks. The film was also thought to have broken the American Box Office Top 10, but this remains uncertain due to a lack of confirmed figures from the distributors. The film was the first Bollywood feature to see a theatrical release in Germany (with German subtitles, a dubbed version was produced, too). It was the highest grossing Indian film ever until Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas (2002) released.

kabhi khushi kabhie gham






6 comments:

  1. I've always loved Bollywood films. I'm enjoying this. Thanks Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I'm a big fan of Bollywood, although I have watched a few movies. I do, however, like Indian fusion music, a cross-over hybrid of traditional Indian music and western influences. One of the best artists in this field is Bally Sagoo. Here's one I like:

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*

    i miss my friend "chassaddict"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Nemo...............I don't think I knew Chassaddict but its not nice to be missing someone

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is my friend from india

    i have not heard from her in awhile

    she posted art sundays back on 360
    usually about india
    i think she went by pink then

    :)

    ReplyDelete