Saturday 17 July 2010

Art Sunday; Michael Zarowsky


Today was the day of my daughters house warming party. She moved from an ordinary terraced house in the town to a much bigger and older cottage in the country about a month ago. Over the last month she has been decorating and settling in and today, we all had a BBQ in the garden. As part of her house warming present I attempted a small watercolour drawn from flowers picked from my garden. I thought this little painting would suit an older country house.
(This is one I painted )

Trying to paint this simple picture of wild flowers started my thinking about some of the water colour artists I admire. This is one such artist, his work is wonderful, full of life and light and colour.


This…. Is how it should be done

WATER COLOURS BY MICHAEL  ZAROWSKY
visit his own site here


http://www.zarowsky.net/




7 comments:

  1. I love your painitng! congrats to your daughter, sounds like a great way to celebrate.....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting Loretta. It is somewhat reminiscent of the crewelwork that my wife and her mother used to do.

    I can see why you like Michael Zarowsky's art. It is wonderfully done and that detail done in watercolor, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His renderings of the wild iris, or flags as they are sometimes called here, are beautiful. Congrats to your daughter on her new cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all these paintings and am sure your painting will look lovely in her home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the art work. Like the colors in yours-I'm sure it will look lovely in their home .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice I like your work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the link of MICHAEL ZAROWSKY & it no longer exists! He clearly paints in dry brush.
    I think your painting is charming, & if just a bit more simplistic, might even make me think of Oriental paintings.
    Awesome! I just now clicked on the first video of his, & indeed it's Oriental music! Not really surprising. His simple brush strokes in the reeds are "Oriental"...very talented artist.
    I have a friend who lives in the UK, & has posted videos of her village. They're enchanting. Where does your daughter now live?

    ReplyDelete