Saturday 17 July 2010

Song Saturday; JJ Cale

JJ Cale
www.jjcale.com


Because it takes me back to a different time;

JJ Cale born John Weldon Cale on December 5, 1938, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is a Grammy Award-winning American singer-songwriter and musician. Cale is one of the originators of the Tulsa Sound, a loose genre drawing on blues, rockabilly, country, and jazz influences. Cale's personal style has often been described as "laid back".
Read more here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JJ_Cale

 


 

5 comments:

  1. Okay, you got me on this one. I like jazz and blues, but hadn't heard of J J Cale. Interesting sound, definitely the mix as you describe. I like 'Magnolia' a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea he was this old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... Frank.............I'm suprised, I really expected you to be familiar with him. he was very popular with lots of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends on when he was popular, I was out of the country for most of the 60's. I was listening to European artists like Johnny Hallyday, Keith Richards and the young Beatles. We also had the mega-star Americans popular in Europe at the time, like Elvis and Ray Charles.

    ReplyDelete