Monday 19 July 2010

The beautiful light after the rain




These pictures were taken today at about 6pm in my living room. It has rained and rained all day until about 6 when it very briefly and suddenly stopped. My living room was flooded with light that cast yellow shadows every where. I think it had rained so hard all day that every thing outside was covered in water, when the sun shone so brightly the light reflected in every water covered surface before being bounced through my windows and into my living room. It was quite beautiful.

14 comments:

  1. Very nice all of them you have to love the green.....great pictures there Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, I think this has great potential as a watercolour.........lovely colour you are right about the green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!!! The leaves are like glass or cellophane. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - my favorite time of day. I love reflections and shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And a glass of white wine to accent the colors. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wow. These pictures are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great loretta this would make a nice painting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep there is my wine, I didn't realise the wine was there untill after I posted the photos. I poured the wine while I cooked my dinner, very nice it was too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes definitely a painting in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photographs of a reflective time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very beautiful living room. Good pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, very nice.

    We had a shower in the afternoon then it lifted, now it is raining steadily. Great for the garden.

    ReplyDelete