Saturday 9 January 2010

Song Saturday; Paolo Nutini candy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Paulo Nutini)

Paolo Giovanni Nutini (born 9 January 1987) is a Scottish singer/songwriter from Paisley. Both his parents are Scottish, although his father is of Italian descent, from Barga, Tuscany, and his family has been in Scotland for four generations.
Nutini's debut album, These Streets, was released by Atlantic Records in the United Kingdom in July 2006 and included the singles "Last Request", "Jenny Don't Be Hasty", "Rewind" and "New Shoes", "Last Request" being the most successful, reaching number five on the UK Singles Chart. The album peaked at number three on the UK Album Chart and was certified 3× platinum by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI).
In May 2009 Nutini released his second album, Sunny Side Up, which debuted at number one in the UK and has produced three singles; "Candy" "Coming Up Easy" and "Pencil Full of Lead". It has so far been certified platinum by the BPI.


And this is an older one of his,
Between the devil and the deep Blue sea.
I don't want you
But I hate to lose you
You got me in between the devil and the
deep blue sea

I forgive you
'Cause I can't forget you
You've got me in between the devil and the
deep blue sea

I want to cross you off my list
But when you come knocking at my door
Fate seems to give my heart a twist
And I come running back for more

I should hate you
But I guess I love you
You've got me in between the devil and the
deep blue sea



5 comments:

  1. cool

    i like the mix of styles

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had never heard of him, but i really like his music. thanks, loretta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like him! A style a bit reminiscent of some folk singers. There is a touch of 1930's and 1940's pop styling in the arrangement of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. Thank you Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. new to me too but like this... especially the 2nd one! thanks for the intro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, these songs do have a tinge of old-time. I bet they'd have been hits years ago.

    ReplyDelete