Friday 29 January 2010

Song Saturday; The Queen of the Night

Tonight the moon is a huge silver ball,

 hanging in the sky.

It made me think of ‘The Queen of the Night’ scene from Amadeus. I found this piece of the film on YouTube which is exactly the piece of  film I was thinking of and then decided to sit and watch ‘’Pop star to Opera star’’ before posting. To my amazement this was the aria chosen for ex Shakespear Sister singer Marcella Detroit to sing in tonights show, and she sang it incredibly well. There is no clip of Marcella singing this on YouTube yet but I’m sure there will be soon.
But for now, this is The Queen of the Night, sung by June Anderson from the film Amadeus.

 It’s so ..well…... for want of a better word....... ‘Gothic’
(music from the Magic Flute, Mozart)


 

9 comments:

  1. the moon is a wonder tonight
    i even made honeybee go look at it

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No moon here to speak of, snow on the way, but I can imagine a silvery moon. Good choice of music Loretta, I do like Mozart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon tonight was a wolf moon and I think very appropriately named by the indians. As per usual, I thought where's my camera, but I was loaded down with books. When we went out later, it had been hidden by the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I been telling everyone that it was too clouded over here to see the moon and Mars, but just had another look and the clouds have magically disappeared and it's a wonderous sight :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still cant find a video of Marcella singing ''The Queen of the Night'' but this is her singing ''Un Bel Di Venderemo'' from Madame butterfly in last weeks show.It's hard to believe this is the same woman who sang in Shakespear Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oddly enough, I just saw this scene on my Netflix!!!! Synchronicity! Thanks for sharing it. Oh, & the moon!! So bright it awakened me during its transit past the br window! Wonderful world we live in, isn't it. Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete