Tuesday 7 September 2010

RAIN..................





 
paintings by 
Spyros Vassiliou, born 1903

  in Galaxidi, a village in Central Greece


A poem;
Rain by Shel Silverstein 

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.


 


8 comments:

  1. ohhh seems to be raining the world over tonight, we all over Europe if not the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have been reading Shel Silverstein for as long as I can remember. I remember Raining in my Heart.

    It is not raining here and we need it. Very hot though, as it has been since early June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Frank how I wish I could send you some of ours....................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been a lot of rain here, too.....I think some of it got in my brain too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear this old Buddy Holly song from far back in the mists of time when my brothers girlfriend had a bouffant hairdo and bouncy petticoats..... from the days before they invented tights lol .....love it thanks for posting the video and the poem Loretta :-)

    ReplyDelete