Tuesday 31 July 2012

Painting while away

I’ve just spent a wonderfully peaceful weekend house and dog sitting for my daughter in her country cottage. I was there, virtually in the middle of no where, on my own, from Friday afternoon until yesterday evening. I did wonder how I would feel being out there all on my own but it was great, I loved it, the mornings were warm and sunny and the afternoons were wild and wet with evening rainbows.
Every morning I would get up, put the dogs in the yard and set out my painting things on the patio table overlooking the fields. This was to be my ‘painting’ weekend and I’m quite pleased with the result. I finished two paintings and have almost finished another.
Once this last one is finished these  are destined for the second coffee shop to offer to hang and sell my work. 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely work. You really took advantage of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paintings Loretta, what a productive weekend you had. I was surprised to see hay bales this early in the year, but I really like that particular picture anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cheated, not being sure of the weather I took several photos with me that I had taken at different times of the year. All of the photos were taken around here, just not during this visit. These were last years hay bales, I just copied the photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Loretta, sounds like an awesome weekend for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha ....you had me worried then, I thought global warming was even worse than I'd imagined :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nope................just me (for a change) thinking ahead. Was determined to spend the weekend painting so took 4 photos I had taken of the area previously. I finished two, half finished one and the last I didn't get started. These days I tend to paint from photograph because I'm not really up for sitting out painting any more, the weather not reliable enough and with the weather change comes light/ cloud etc change. I like to take my own photographs and paint from them. This weekend was good because I was in the same place the photographs came from so I could at least soak up the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, they are really beautiful, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely..................
    what a treasure to take the time and simply express ourselves.........it is a pleasure to few give ourselves as a gift.
    Your paintings are lovely I can almost feel the soft breeze in the field..

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! these are great!

    love the texture

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Good on you for being so inspired and then creating. The oranges and blues of that top one take my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great way to spend a weekened - although I'd be doing crafts or reading - my paintings would not be fit for human consumption lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds idyllic, and the results speak for themselves!! Wonderful paintings :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for all your kind words of encouragement.............I hope to finish the last one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a great getaway Loretta. Very nice landscapes. The first two look like views of the farm across the road from me, lovely.

    ReplyDelete