Wednesday 18 July 2012

Rain, Rain, Rain, etc etc etc.................................

OK so now I'm behaving true to sterio-type and (yet again) talking about the weather. We have just had two days of glorious sunshine where I managed to do most things that needed doing in the garden. By yesterday evening the ground had dried to the point where the new plants needed a water and a feed and I almost emptied the water butt doing this. Today; it is raining, its not just persistent rain, its heavy rain, I can't believe so much rain has fallen in my garden in such a short time. I've been out twice today in this rain to empty my assorted buckets into my rapidly filling water butt. Those new plants, lovingly planted, watered and fed yesterday almost floated away today. While I was out there I checked on my pond. My poor tadpoles were being washed over the side, I took three whole buckets of water from the pond to make it safe for the tadpoles and as the rain shows no sigh in stopping any time soon, I'm off to check again. This is the most bizarre weather pattern I've ever know in any summer.

9 comments:

  1. that is alot of rain! glad you were able to rescue the tadpoles. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh me too.................I was so worried about them. It would be a tragedy for any thing to happen to them now. They are growing their back legs, they just need another couple of weeks and they can hop away

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen as much rain as we've had these last two or three months. I'm forming gills and webbed feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather is something that affects all of us, so it's a natural thing to talk about. Of course, we're baking, broiling, roasting and the whole lot in most of Spain. Can't remember the last time we saw rain like you in Britain are getting. I suppose there are too many tadpoles to put in jars until your monsoon relents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are being a good tadpole mum doing the best you can. You have earned your Wellie's stripes and weather stars that is for sure!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had one nice afternoon. Today they predicted sunny but it wasn't and by 5, started to rain.

    I never get everything done in the garden, no matter what the weather is like. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. then I guess that's one advantage of having a very small garden. Actually I didn't get quite every thing done, I still need to do some weeding....but I felt as if I achieved a lot these last two days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have huge toad tadpoles in our pond! Well done on your rescue mission! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, weird here too. We are getting rain they say as well. Crazy....

    ReplyDelete