Saturday 29 November 2008

Winter Sunset over the sea




On Friday (28/11/08) I finished my work a coupler of hours early. The weather was bitterly cold but dry and without wind. For the first time in months I managed to take one of my favourite walks along the cliff top. I didn't walk too far, just in case the weather changed the sea mists (or the haar as it is called here) came swirling in. The haar comes in very quickly and without warning and makes the cliff top walk treacherous. I was also mindful of the time, the afternoons are short here at this time of year and the sun was very low by 3.00pm. The pink light reflects on every thing, it is just as beautiful here this time of year as it is in the summer, a different kind of beauty.

18 comments:

  1. just breathtaking, loretta! mother nature is truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautifuul thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful.

    It has poured rain here all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean by a different kind of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh loretta these are all so wonderful thaks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all smashing but this one is glorious

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous - they all are!

    Thank you so much for sharing :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all, thank you for posting these !

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so very beautiful.... you have an artist's eye... what a wonderful place to wander, changing on a daily basis.... great captures....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful _ I feel like contemplating here and watching this

    ReplyDelete
  12. My very favor4ite parts of the day are when that pink shoots around the horizon early & late. Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete