Sunday 28 August 2011

Forfar countryside




These are just a couple of pictures that I thought would make nice paintings. I was out with my friend and she decided to pull off the road just here and look for a place to do some drawing. We found a little space just off the road and pulled in. As she was parking the whole of the front end of the car slid into a ditch we couldn't see. The ditch was completely overgrown and looked like an area of long grass. The passenger door was wedged shut, I had to climb out through the drivers door and the car leaned over to the left ( which here IS the passenger side) Fortunatly we were Ok, her car was Ok and before long a couple of people stopped to see if we needed help. It looked as if we had an accident but of course we hadn't, any way someone went to fetch the farmer who pulled us out of the ditch. That turned into quite an eventful afternoon. When it was all over my friend asked if I had pictures of the car sticking out of the ditch, opps....all the photos I take and I didn't think to take that one !!

20 comments:

  1. I agree, there is some lovely ideas there for a painting. Beautiful blues in that sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the shapes of the trees are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is excitement and it looks like you're living it........:)

    Ja, that last picture looks perfect for a few brush strokes. I dodn't know you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - could be an impressionistic painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like this darker one with a bit of sun on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is the one I want to paint, I really like the stripes of light at the back, would probable emphasises those a bit..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually I think it was this scene that I did a little drawing of, I'll post it if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, almost looks like a painting...love the small trees off in the distance and the lean of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, some good reference photos.

    We have ditches here also and fortunately farmers to pull people out. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is perfect for a drawing. Lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this one is the best of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laughing here at you forgetting to get a shot of the car in the ditch :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. This landscape looks like how it is around central Victoria, especially in the colder months.

    ReplyDelete