Saturday 4 February 2012

Song Saturday; Vivaldi & Roberta Flack

A few hours late for a real 'Song Saturday'..........but whats a couple of hours between friends?
 
I’ve had a great day. The weather is cold, wet and horrible, snow, sleet, rain and temperatures just high enough to turn every thing into a grey slushy mess. I spent one and a half hours on a bus and at the end of the day, when it was dark as well as cold wet and horrible, I did the journey in reverse. But, it was a really good day because, for the first time in ages, I got to see a very dear friend who’s health is failing, she is almost housebound now. We spent the afternoon reminiscing, chatting and generally enjoying pleasant conversation. When ever I manage to see her I know it could be the last time, we don’t say so……….but we know……….so we make the most of it…………..yep a great day, I hope we have more days like that.

The music just reflects the way I’m feeling right now.


Vivaldi, Four Seasons, Winter.


The first time I ever saw your face



6 comments:

  1. Two excellent choices. Love all of the Four Seasons.

    I'm very much a fan of Roberta Flack, have talked with her several times. Roberta was a resident of this area and got her start performing at a club close to where I worked. We went to the club on Friday's after work. To make a long story short, my secretary is the cousin of Dionne Warwick and my secretary's father was the manager for Roberta Flack and Dionne Warwick, so the introductions were easy to come by. That is a very talented family, Whitney Houston is also a cousin.

    "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" is one of my favorite songs. Roberta Flack's version was used as the theme song in the Clint Eastwood film "Play Misty for Me." Shirley Bassey also has a dynamite version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a different note, I hope you get to see your friend at least a few more times, maybe many more. And that each time is filled with lovely companionship as this afternoon's was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear the Vivaldi. I am glad you got to spend time with your friend *hugs* Your blogs bless me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you get many more days yet with your friend.

    Great diverse choices of music. Really love Vivaldi, and whoever put the slideshow together chose some fabulous winter shots to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song by Roberta Flack is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete