Wednesday 11 June 2008

Raining in my garden

Raining in my garden

 

The weather has been so hot these last few days I was planning on sitting out in my garden for a couple of hours after work. I’ve already done my little bit of maintenance for a week or so, the grass is still short, the hedge still trimmed and when I left for work this morning all was well. I had visions of my garden chair, maybe a cool beer from the fridge, my radio, bird song, the lazy buzz of bees collecting nectar and some real quality ‘me’ time, just sitting watching the world go by.

 

Mmmmmm……………sounds so good. Well Mother Nature had other ideas, on my way home the heavens opened and by the time I reached the gates the whole garden was a mass of sparkly splashing rain drops. The rain was warm and although I didn’t particularly want to sit in it, every thing was so fresh and clean, I just had to stop and take a few photos. Seems to be perfect weather for snails to be out and about, catching up with a few snail friends and having a bite to eat.

 

Oh and I noticed another clump of ‘weeds’ growing under the gate next to the clover. I decided I quite like the look of them so they have a permanent parking permit too, right next to the flowering clover. This must be my weed amnesty corner. The tiny pink flowers of my 'london pride' had been battered and scattered all over the ground by the rain. It looked like minature pink confettie. 

 

But the best thing was the rain drops falling off the leaves, quite beautiful.

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely, rainy day. fabulous pics and the song is a good one, too. enjoy the rain! ; D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!
    Thanks for sharing :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. opps.... forgot, for those who may not know, the music is 'raining in my heart', Buddy Holly

    ReplyDelete