Saturday 10 March 2012

Song Saturday Sunshine

My ‘project’ for this week has been printing off and mounting some of the hundreds of photographs I took when I went to Rhodes in 2004. I have albums and albums of photographs charting the kids growing up, family holidays, birthdays Christmases’ etc, (as I’m sure has every one else). And then, about ten or so years ago, I bought my first digital camera and suddenly…………..the family albums stop. Now I’m missing the photograph albums and I’ve decided to sort out the photographs, print some of them,  and make up new albums. And.....… first on my list was Rhodes.

To me this was the holiday of a lifetime. I loved it, apart from the unlimited culture, history, art, architecture, an intact medieval walled town, ancient archeology sites on every corner, sea food like no other and many ,many more delights, what  I think of more than any thing else, is the SUNSHINE. I kid you not; the weather was wonderful, all day, every day. The skies were blue, the seas were blue and the sun was hot. This music doesn’t have very much to do with Rhodes……………but its all about the sunshine……….





7 comments:

  1. very beautifull

    i haven't heard enough ferry in a while

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was pretty wild Loretta-I had put in sunshine on you tube to look for a song for song saturday early this morning, and then Larry needed the computer for his business-and I never got back to the computer til after supper-so Loved your choices-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Greek islands!! I've not been to Rhodes yet, but I have visited several others, including Crete, Zakynthos, Kefalonia and Santorini. I just love the laid-back lifestyle and the friendliness of the people. And the sunshine!! LOL.

    Great song choices, my fave being the Clapton song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you like the music..................odd that we should both look for 'Sunshine' Kathy, must be the time of year................

    ReplyDelete