Sunday 12 June 2011

Hospitalfield House open doors day




http://www.hospitalfield.org.uk/

HospitalField House had one of its open doors days today. These days give the public the opportunity to see inside this historic building. The weather was beautiful, I listened to a short piano recital given by a young Russian pianist in the beautiful gallery of the main house. There was a conducted tour around the interior of the house

and the opportunity to take plenty of photos around the grounds and exterior of the house.

The icing on the cake was a re-enactment of the historic signing of the Declaration of Arbroath performed by the Arbroath Abbey historic society.

This video was made a couple of years ago at the Abby but its more or less the same as I've just sat through this afternoon.


Part of what used to be the estate lands are now used as an organic gardening project, I had the opportunity to have a good look around there as well.

http://www.hopegardentrust.org.uk/

As you can imagine, I took many, many, many photos, all of which I will put into albums over the next couple of days.  This is just a little taster of my day out.

12 comments:

  1. What lovely grounds and buildings. I am glad you had the pleasure of listening to music too! A wonderful day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your day out! Its been bucketing down here in Norfolk! ;o)

    Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospitalfield, Arbroath is on the east coast of Scotland, close to the A92, 18 miles from Dundee and 53 miles from Aberdeen.

    A GORGEOUS part of the world! Say hi to Nessie for me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny you should say that..................it bucketing it down here too now.....least I had my day out in the sun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the best :-)) take a look at some of my photos, i've got hundreds of them, mostly taken along the coast between dundee and stonehaven, a stretch of about 50 miles or less...............beautiful it is

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not been there in years but I do know it!

    Its like Norfolk here - we are both blessed! ;o)

    Did you see my new photos of Norfolk?

    Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah!

    nice to learn what i am yeahing about

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice grounds and such nice weather for the open doors day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see the old buildings you have and imagine what it must have been like to live there. Cold and damp in the winter I suppose, but so lovely in the spring....

    ReplyDelete
  10. A splendid old building and grounds!! Definately a place I'd go to on an open day, with camera in hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, an open day! this sounds like a nice place. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous stonework embellishment. There's a turtle, or tortoise, sticking out.

    ReplyDelete