Wednesday 12 September 2012

650 no 30

Entry for August 09, 2007, 360 import, Identifying Plants
Aug 9, '07 10:27 AM
for loretta's contacts
 
Thanks to Vero and her many friends I think the plant on my wall paper has been identified. She and her friends came up with two possible names, they thought either Sedum or Bergenia. So I looked at as many images of those two plants as my search engine would throw up and finaly found this picture, which seems to be about as close as it is possible to my garden plant. My plant has slightly pinker flowers and smaller leaves, but apart from that they look just about the same. So thanks Vero, with your help I think this plant is
BERGENIA EMEIENSIS, SAXIFRAGACEAC
And as an added bonus I have come accross an amazing source of plant images that can identify just about anything. This picture is one of many from botanic gardens all over the world and can be found in
Tim Waters' Photos (Flickr)
his pictures are well worth a look, thanks Tim (who ever you are)
Tags: 360 import, garden, plants
Prev: Entry for August 08, 2007, 360 import, Dementia, Malcome and Barbara, Loves Farewell.
Next: Entry for August 10, 2007, 360 import, Identifying Plants.....(thanks Vero)

No comments:

Post a Comment